Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Conclusion.

The conclusion to this story I will keep simple. Because of my actions I endured a grueling investigation into the shooting by the New Mexico State Police. I was exonerated after a drug informant testified that the cab of the vehicle I chased and subsequently shot was filled with cocaine being removed from a stash house in Columbus, because the drug cartels knew that I knew where their stash houses were located.

When they sped up far enough ahead of me to do so they threw the drugs out of the window of the vehicle and into the borrow pit out of my sight and later recovered the drugs before they were found by law enforcement. He also stated that their intent had been to kill me, but were frightened off by the firing of the submachine gun.

I endured a full scale investigation by the FBI in which I was charged with fifteen individual civil rights violations lodged against me at the behest of a local attorney tied to the drug trade. It took me five years of my life to clear my name, the conclusion of which was the pain of facing a trial of my peers in Federal District Court, in which I was acquitted of all charges.

No comments: